X4: Split Vendetta and the 3.0 update release scheduled for March 31st
The long awaited major update and the first expansion to X4 is coming in only a few days! This biggest update since the game released extends the base game in every single way and adds new ways of conquering the universe...
Both the free 3.0 Update to X4: Foundations and its first expansion, X4: Split Vendetta, will be released on March 31st, 2020, giving space game enthusiasts the perfect opportunity to newly discover or revisit the biggest space sandbox this side of the galaxy!
3.0 Update introducing diplomatic missions: "A lever to move the world"
With the biggest update since the release of X4: Foundations, EGOSOFT extends its current title with the new storyline "A lever to move the world", introducing diplomatic missions. In addition to a new unlockable game start and three new, stand-alone tutorial scenarios to welcome new pilots to the X universe, X4: Foundations players will also benefit from numerous new gameplay elements with the 3.0 Update. X4: Foundations will also receive French voice recordings for the first time. The complete change log for the 3.0 Update includes more than 400 individual entries covering new features, weapons, sectors, improved gameplay elements, an upgraded user interface experience and many fixes. The full list is available here.
- New storyline, introducing diplomatic missions: "A lever to move the worlds"
- New systems to discover, experience and conquer
- Added French voice recordings
- 3 new stand-alone tutorial scenarios including a flight school
- New ships: Paranid Ares heavy fighter, Xenon T scout, Teladi Cormorant transporter
- New unlockable game start
- Virtual seminars and quicker skill progression for crew training
- Individual and group crew transfer
- Configurable alert system
- Ability to dock using a spacesuit
- Policing options for player-owned space
- Several new weapons
- Improved graphics engine
- Improved sound effects
- Improvements to menus including Map, Encyclopedia, Logical Station overview and Logbook
- More control over drones and turrets
- Alternative steering methods including head tracking systems and X3 retro mode
- Oxygen display when player is in spacesuit
- Search facility for Logbook
X4: Split Vendetta
X4: Split Vendetta is the next chapter in the X4: Foundations story. This is the first big expansion for X4: Foundations, which was released in November 2018 on PC. The expansion greatly increases the size of the universe and introduces two new Split family clans along with their economy, new ships, weapons and station modules. Along with Update 3.0 to X4: Foundations, the X4: Split Vendetta expansion brings exciting new missions and adventures to the game. New game-starts allow an even more varied experience in the biggest sandbox this side of the galaxy! TRADE with the Split families or FIGHT against them; BUILD your own station designs based on the new modules, and THINK carefully on your path through the new diplomatic missions. X4: Split Vendetta will be released on March 31st, 2020 ($14.99 / £12.49 / €14.99) and is the first of two expansions that will be automatically available to owners of the X4: Foundations Collector's Edition.
- New story missions and adventures with two new Split family clans
- Massive expansion of the universe
- Exciting new Split weapon technology
- Many new ships
- Lots of new station modules