X4: Foundations - The start into the X4 universe (release announcement)
Space is finally coming home! After a long anticipation and general lack of major hype – EGOSOFT stepped out to finally show us more of X4 and bring us the very much awaited release date!
X4: Foundations will feature an extremely large universe from day one. Home to several factions of the Argon, Teladi and Paranid races, each with multiple complex economies. The Paranid, for example, are a race with very deep religious beliefs, fractured into two competing empires and now raging war against each other. Then there are of course also a lot of other potential adversaries…
Those where you have a choice, like different Pirate factions, and those where you don’t, like the infamous Xenon: A race of advanced artificial general intelligence, once built by mankind themselves to help colonise space.
There will be Expansions, which will bring more races, their ships, stations and lots of missions into the X4 Universe. EGOSOFT states that the goal is to bring the first big Expansion within about one year.
X4: FOUNDATIONS will be available for $49.99 (€49.99) on November 30th.
Starting today, you can pre-order the digital Collector's Edition and get:
- Exclusive pre-order paint mod (*requires egosoft community account connected with Steam account)
- First Expansion planned release in 2019
- Second Expansion planned release tba.
- The X Universe Digital Artbook 2018: Enjoy the concept art behind the X universe.
- X Novel: Nopileos by Helge Kautz as English and German eBook.
- Digital Soundtrack: The music, including exclusive versions of the trailer and teaser music in highest possible quality.
The Collector’s Edition of X4: FOUNDATIONS can be preordered now for the discounted pre-order price of $74.99 (€74.99) at:
Included with the press release, EGOSOFT provided us with a bunch of screenshots and two new videos showcasing some of the features of X4. So buckle up and enjoy!