X Rebirth 2.0 - Secret Service Missions
Egosoft has finally announced the release of X Rebirth 2.0 - Secret Service Missions. After considerable effort and with an eye to all the great feedback they've received, X Rebirth 2.0 represents a major update for a wide variety of gameplay mechanics.
Together with the new plot chain, which offers all players membership in the Argon Federation secret service, X Rebirth 2.0 brings a host of new features and improvements including:
- New playership modifications allowing for different cockpit configurations for special purposes.
- Two new configurable radar modes for the event monitor
- An autopilot for your playership
- Several new commands for ships in your squad, permitting much finer control over their actions.
- A massive overhaul of the game's balancing, as well as the introduction of three difficulty levels, and achievements for the new difficulty level "hard"
- Multiple new gamestarts in different areas of the universe specially tailored for traders, builders or fighters
- A set of beautiful new capital ships which are especially useful for trading in Omicron Lyrae
- An overhauled visual look and feel resulting from improved shaders and soft shadows
- Lots of UI and menu improvements
- Ability to deal remotely with lots of NPCs without the need to land on stations
- Redesigned highway gameplay
- Better support for joysticks