The Golconda Interstellar Initiative
The ancient generation ship, The Golconda, has been discovered drifting amidst the stars. Contact with the ship's living occupants has revealed that their ancestors chose to remain aboard their ship rather than colonise their original destination. The equipment originally intended for setting up a planetary settlement was cannibalised for materials but now... the Golconda's crew find themselves in need of outside assistance for the first time in a millennia.
Efforts are underway to support the residents of The Golconda, but both the Federation and the Empire look upon this colossal relic with opportunistic eyes. There's a political play to be made here, and the winner stands to benefit greatly.
For this next Interstellar Initiative, Frontier will be detailing what's at stake over the next few weeks. It's time to back a side, and win!
If you'd rather learn about what happens to The Golconda as the story unfolds, then stop reading now, and keep your eyes on the GalNet feed.
Phase 1 (8 November)
The independent faction, Upaniklis Vision Incorporated, has tabled a motion to provide much needed aid to the denizens of The Golconda. Meanwhile, criminal elements prepare their ships in a bid to exploit the supply convoys.
This will mark the beginning of two Community Goals:
- Trade Community Goal - Deliver Basic Medicines, Advanced Medicines, Aluminium, Ceramic Composites, and Semiconductors to Fozard Port in the Upaniklis system.
- Bounty Hunting Community Goal - Deliver Bounty vouchers to Fozard Port in the Upaniklis system.
- Start Date - 8 November @ 15:00 (UTC)
- End Date - 14 November @ 15:00 (UTC)
Soon after, Imperial and Federation megaships will move into the system and prepare their own plans to support The Golconda.
Phase 2 (18 November)
The Empire and Federation each pledge to help, but with different opposing approaches.
- The Empire seeks to provide the former colonists with a planetside home, helping them fulfil their original mission. They would provide full member status to the colony and help them become self-sustaining through teaching agriculture techniques.
- The Federation, however, seeks to honour the colonist's unique culture and provide them with an outpost of their own, allowing them to remain a permanent space colony. Landing pads would allow direct trade and help the colonists remain stocked with medicines and supplies.
Two competing initiatives are set up, with the superpower with the most materials received winning the favour of the Golconda colonists.
- Empire Trade Community Goal - Deliver Polymers, CMM Composites, Titanium, Beryllium, and Thallium to the Empire Megaship, in the Upaniklis system.
- Federation Trade Community Goal - Deliver Polymers, CMM Composites, Titanium, Beryllium, and Thallium to Federation Megaship, in the Upaniklis system.
- Start Date - 18 November @ 15:00 (UTC)
- End Date - 26 November @ 15:00 (UTC)
Interstellar Initiative Rewards
Only one of the two opposing Superpowers may be victorious in this Interstellar Initiative. Backing a specific Superpower will result in different rewards:
If the Empire are successful:
- An Empire-affiliated Planetary Port will be added to the Upaniklis system.
- From 5 December to 16 December, any Empire Rank will be earned at a double rate alongside a discount to Imperial ships.
- A Rare Good, Apa Vietii, will be introduced and become available for purchase at the new Planetary Port.
- 'The Golconda' decal will be available to commanders who dock at the Planetary Port from 5 December to 16 December.
If the Federation are successful:
- A Federation-affiliated Outpost will be added to the Upaniklis system.
- From 5 December to 16 December, any Federation Rank will be earned at an double rate alongside a discount to Federal ships.
- A Rare Good, Apa Vietii, will be introduced and become available for purchase at the new Outpost.
- 'The Golconda' decal will be available to commanders who dock at the Outpost from 5 December to 16 December.