Pre-summer bug-slap fest
Little Green Men pushed out a new bug-squishing patch to their Alpha version of Starpoint Gemini Warlords before starting a well deserved summer vacation. The full patch notes can be found below.
- Resources are now displayed properly in all UI instances.
- Deactivating "Post-process" option in the settings no longer deactivates holographic objects, ice asteroids and the cloak effect
- All traces of the legacy Reputation system are now eradicated. These caused some strange things like the same station being neutral in the game world, while hostile on the Starchart.
- When appearing, props (object type) would be glowing hot, like derelicts. This was not supposed to happen.
- Fixed a problem with empty equipment slots displaying 0% recharge state when loading a game.
- Some buildings decided to display both their "full" visuals and the holographic ones too at the same time. That's a big no-no.
- Fixed an issue where some MKIII projectile weapons were tiny compared to their MKI "brothers/sisters"
- Fixed several instances where pressing the Esc button during a panel opening could break the game. In general, the "Esc" behavior is streamlined
- Opening the Starchart via its shortcut while some other panels are open, could bug-up the game. That should no longer be the case.
- In some cases, the game could crash if the player's commodity list was empty and you accessed the Trader panel. No more!
- You can no longer have both the Planetary landing panel and the Planet UI open at the same time. And yeah, it could in some instances crash the game.
- Fixed a couple of issues that could potentially cause the game to crash.
- Fixed several issues related to reading and displaying save game data in the Load game panel
- All player fleets are now properly named everywhere.
Freelance jobs fixes & changes
- Installation defense
- In some instances, the defense platforms didn't appear. Now they do.
- Jettison now has an accompanying SFX
- Starpoint (hence the name of the game, duh...) is now added into the game world. It's sitting nicely in between the twins
- All HQ module bonuses are now functional with the exception of the Logistics center (the task duration reduction)
- Legacy saves are functional, but accessing the new tutorial missions requires a completely new game. Sorry about that. We didn't realize this will be required. Otherwise we would have announced it ahead of time.
- Added the Help panel for Shipbuilding and Fleet transfer panels. Just press the little question mark to access it.
- Added hints on a number of buttons across the GUI
- The number of ships in the garage is now limited and depends on the upgrade level of the hangar HQ module.
- Shipbuilding button is relocated from the game menu to the Starchart, when selecting the HQ.
- The Starchart should no longer get overcrowded with available tasks.
- Scrolling the Reputation panel is now done "by line" instead of "by pixel". Should make things a bit faster and more clear.
- NPC are now intelligent enough to actually go around planets instead of slamming into them like dimwits.
- The cloak VFX is slightly altered to make its behavior somewhat more "logical" (how it's drawn, what is seen through it and at what stages...)
- Equipment prices are no longer colorized for no apparent reason when looking at the equipment in your own cargo hold.
- Panel selections are now more clearly visible. Equipment panel for example.
- Game manual updated with new info