NPC stations in preparation for raising sales taxes
As part of a number of changes over the course of the summer, CCP plans to make some alterations to sales taxes and brokers fees associated with the market.
These changes will mean increases in sales taxes and brokers fees but will also include changes to the bonuses a character receives from tax related skills.
Here’s a rundown of the changes that will be made soon. These changes will be live on Singularity tomorrow for testing.
Changes to sales taxes and broker fees
- Maximum Sales Tax increase from 2% to 5%.
- Minimum Sales Tax increase from 1% to 2.25%.
- Maximum Brokers Fee increase for NPC stations from 3% to 5%.
- Double the total maximum taxation from 5% to 10%.
- Increased total minimum taxation on NPC structures from 3% to 5.25%.
- Increase the minimum taxation on player owned structures by 125% from 1% to 2.25%.
Changes to tax associated skills
- Accounting – Increase in reduction of sales tax from 10% per level to 11% per level.
- Brokers Relations – Increase in reduction of costs associated with setting up a market order from 0.1% per level to 0.3% per level.
The total benefit from skills will increase from 2% (current benefit) to 4.75%, which translates to a total tax reduction (including standings benefits) of 47.5% instead of the current 40%.
As always, we’re open to hearing feedback from the community and we’re more than happy to discuss these changes.