Home of light & patch 4.0 feature guide
Home of Light opens up three totally new systems for the player to discover. Among them is the central Home of Light, home of the well-known TerraCorp, which helped the system survive the Dark better than other systems. The result is a living and breathing system with a massive economy, many new mission opportunities and places to explore.
If you like the exploration part of the game, then the second new systemToride is made for you. A new interesting area of space being home to strange phenomena and big secrets. Don't be fooled by the peaceful atmosphere there though, as enemy forces might just wait for a lonely explorer crossing their path.
Empire builders on the other hand shouldn't forget to visit the third new system: Cold Star. With its high amounts of resources, supplying your factories with the necessary minerals should be easy enough. Just don't expect to be first one there, as other factions – not all of them being open to competition – have learned to appreciate the system's values too.
Additionally, Home of Light makes best use of the many new features provided through Update 4.0 by adding new generic missions opportunities, two new weapon systems allowing for new combat tactics, the new Warehouse station serving as a large trade station for your own wares, two new gamestarts setting you up with the perfect assets to get started in the new areas of space, new ships, and many other dangers and secrets to explore.
All in all, X Rebirth Home of Light offers a wide range of possibilities to Trade, Fight, Build and Think in the biggest universe ever created. But it will also confront you with an old enemy, the races of the X-Universe have forgotten and actually thought to be extinct.
X: Rebirth Patch 4.0
The free 4.0 update is the biggest patch released for X: Rebirth to date. This update adds many new interesting gameplay features including but not limited to:
- The new Bulletin Board System (BBS), which makes it easier than ever before to find and keep track of offered missions. Most of the available missions are just one click away now and can be accepted from wherever you are.
- Economy logging and statistics allowing you to analyse the economy to decide where to build stations and how to use your trade ships the best. Additionally, the new best deals menu makes it easier to find profitable trade opportunities.
- The Player Jump Drive and the Singularity Time Engine Accelarator (SETA) providing new means to travel faster through the universe than ever before.
- The weapon modifications system: Weapon mods, which can be found and crafted, can be used to improve your weapons' capabilities beyond their normal values.
- The new 'very hard' difficulty modeproviding a greater challenge for experienced players.
But this is by far not everything, as Update 4.0 also provides a major overhaul of the external view improving your abilities when flying your ship, improved tutorials to help new players getting started with the game, an improved fleet management with a new property owned menu and new commands, new missions, new ships and much more. Of course, Update 4.0 includes a lot of fixes and performance improvements too.