Fleet carriers beta 2 date announcement
Coming to all platforms (PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One), the Fleet Carriers second beta will be live from 11 May to 26 May, so get ready and grab your beta keys!
The second beta will be using saves taken from the live server from 30 April.
How to join
The beta will not be live until 11 May. Redeeming the code before this date, will download an older version of the beta. This is not accessible and will fail to connect, however, your beta application will automatically update with the Fleet Carriers Beta 2 on May 11.
PC Commanders will be able to join the beta following these steps:
- Open Steam (If you use the Elite Dangerous launcher skip to step 4).
- Open Elite Dangerous in your library.
- Select 'Elite Dangerous: Horizons' on the Steam launcher (even if you don't own Horizons, Horizons will be enabled in the beta build).
- When the Elite Dangerous launcher is loaded, log in to your account if you aren't already logged in.
- On the launcher window you will notice several options; Elite Dangerous: Horizons, Elite Dangerous: Fleet Carriers Update Beta 2 (Horizons), Elite Dangerous etc.
- Select Elite Dangerous: Fleet Carriers Update Beta 2 (Horizons).
If you are planning to jump into the Fleet Carriers Update - Beta 2 on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, here is how you can register your account for participation:
- Via a web browser go to https://user.frontierstore.net/fleet-carrier-beta-key.
- Log in using your PlayStation Network, or Xbox One account.
- (If you were previously a beta player for Elite Dangerous on Xbox One you will not be able to redeem an additional beta key. You should instead re-download the beta application from your “Full Library” inside “My Games and Apps”).
- Follow the steps to generate a code.
- Redeem the code on your console of choice, starting from 11 May.