EVE: Online Patch notes for the October release
The October Release scheduled for Tuesday, October 8th, brings the new Mimesis implant set, along with improved contextual menus for cynosural fields and a whole host of New Player Experience and User Interface improvements.
This release also includes a substantial number of fixes for gameplay, graphics and the user interface.
- Adjusted volume of Pirate Shipyard caches.
- Introducing the T2 Mid-Grade Implant Set, Mimesis. Now available in a DED LP Store near you.
- Added text to Cynosural right-click menu to reflect different Cynosural types.
- Un-packaged (and undamaged) items can now be sold without any need to repackage them first. Doing so will automatically repackage the item. In the case of non-empty ships or containers you will receive a confirmation message.
Missions & NPCs
- The Triglavian Collective has been spotted deploying what appear to be system-altering structures across invaded locations.
New Player Experience
- Improvements made to the text Aura displays throughout the Tutorial.
- Added shortcuts to the Tutorial Instructions.
- Improved the flow for claiming rewards during the Tutorial.
- Removed the civilian mining laser from the starter corvettes (not other versions of the corvettes) to help new players.
- Improved the hiding behavior for the Aura Conversation window
- Updated the rewards to the tutorial to be ISK, modules, or ammunition.
- Made improvements to the Info Panel for missions and the tutorial:
- The Set Destination button switches to "Destination Set" after use.
- The Warp To and Dock buttons update as the character progress through their warping.
- You can Abort Undock when undocking from a station or structure using the info panel button.
- Increased the default width of the Overview and Selected Item windows.
- In the Agency added an explanation of Factional Warfare complexes and a video to the Factional Warfare page to help better explain how Complexes work.
- Aura dialogue window no longer contains an option to close.
- Added a suppressible warning window when in a structure/station and attempting to buy an item located in another structure/station
- Help Pointer links can now be pasted into chat
- Added a filter box to the Shortcuts tab of the settings menu to allow you to more easily find a specific shortcut
- Added a default “Launch Drones” shortcut (Shift + F) for anyone that had not yet set a shortcut
- Added the "compare" option to ships in various right click menus where appropriate (e.g Ship tree, fitting browser)
- Added a minimum size to the help pointer window
- Fixed an issue where a trade would not be correctly cancelling if one trader assumes control of an Upwell Structure
- Fixed a problem, which sometimes caused an accidentally chained auto-warp, when different commands were queued
- Fixed a rare case, where cloaking ships were not removed correctly, when warping away from them in the same moment as they cloaked. This caused ghost ships to be left behind
- Fixed a couple of rare issues where jumping into a system while using the tactical camera could lead to a black or grey screen
- Fixed a potential exploit, to make New Eden a safer place.
- Addressed issue that prevented Abyssal Traces from Showing on D-Scan and Probe Scans.
- Added zoom functionality for capsules in fitting window.
- Fixed issue with text getting bolder every time window is resized during character creation.
- Shifted the centerpoint of the Caldari Frigate Kestrel.
- Adjusted the centerpoint of the Caldari Frigates Heron and Buzzard.
- Corrected issues with character naming UI for Russian-language users.
- Fixed issue with the connecting line between the Technology and Bloodline node in Character Creation.
- Edited collision information on the dungeon asset Floating Stonehenge.
- Fixed the inverted front logo on the Gallente Supercarrier Nyx with the InterBus SKIN applied.
- Fixed an issue whereby the killmarks on the Gallente Frigate Keres would move during warp.
- Fixed the inverted front logo on the Gallente Battleship Hyperion.
- Character animation files are now better optimized for 64-bit.
- Planets and suns now LOD out during warp.
- The Leviathan crash site is now properly displayed on Caldari Prime's surface.
- Removed a seam visible on the Vedmak when viewed in low graphics settings.
- Fixed a problem, which caused remote repair modules to get stuck, when accidentally activating them on a NPC station.
Missions & NPCs
- Fixed an issue where several Triglavian enemy NPCs did not have display damage types in their show info windows.
- The acceleration gate used to enter the mission area in the career agent mission "Angel of Mercy" now only accepts the specific types of ships provided by the mission.
Structures & Deployables
- Mobile Tractor Units would occasionally not eject their contents when being scooped from space, leading to the apparent loss of some items. (This was caused by the MTU being too greedy and scooping back up its own jet-can at the same time as a ship is picking up the MTU!) The auto-looter behavior will now shut down earlier during the scoop-to-ship process.
Text & Descriptions
- Various spelling, grammar and punctuation fixes
- Updated the Mission and Tutorial info panel buttons so that they now have "preparing" and "warping" states.
- When a user cannot start the Tutorial in their current system hovering over the button now brings up a tooltip that states: "Introduction operations cannot be activated while in your current solar system".
- Fixed an issue where the player could not always set the destination to incursion systems via the Agency.
- Fixed an issue where prerequisite skills would be incorrectly added to the training queue when an attempt to import a skill queue from the clipboard fails
- Improved the resolution of the Autopilot icon in the Help Pointer window
- Fixed an issue where contracts could not be ordered by the "Info by Issuer" column
- Fixed an issue where a contract search could incorrectly filter out one contract
- The Corp Fitting Help Pointer now correctly shows a "Element not on screen" error message when appropriate
- The Rig Fitting warning will no long incorrectly show when fitting rigs to a T3 cruiser (as rigs can be unfitted from them)