3.0 public beta for X4 is now available!
While EGOSOFT recently made a statement about the delay of the 3.0 public release, it seems that they are now ready to have interested beta testers check out some of the main changes this big update will bring to X4: Foundations...
The official release is planned for the first quarter of 2020. and will include:
- Improved graphics engine to support new visual effects
- Better sound effects
- Virtual seminars and quicker skill progression for crew training
- Configurable alert system
- Individual and group crew transfer
- Policing options for player-owned space
- Ability to dock using a spacesuit directly
- Improvements to menus including Map, Encyclopedia, Logical Station Overview and Logbook
- Improved target display and mission guidance
- More control over drones and turrets
- Alternative steering methods including head tracking systems and X3 retro mode
The full change log with over 150 entries and details on how to access the public beta of X4: Foundations can be found HERE.
Please be aware that this first public beta version of the 3.0 update does not contain any new story content – this will be added at a later stage.
Want to share your feedback? Join EGOSOFT TODAY (14.11.) on their Twitch channel at 8pm CET / 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST for a live stream about the current and future development of X4: Foundations!